Hey Sweet Friend:
Do you have an adorable little pumpkin (or 7) decorating your kitchen table? Same! They’re just so cute, I can’t help but display them all over this time of year.
But did you know that those pie pumpkins make for more than gorgeous fall décor? They happen to be DELISH! And there are tons of ways to enjoy them
Like in a Pumpkin Apple Crumble!
That’s right, apples don’t deserve to hog the stage. Pumpkin adds a delightful twist to this wonderful dessert.
Ready to give it a go? Heck yes! Let’s get cooking…
Why Add Pumpkin To Your Apple Crumble?
Jack-O-Lanterns are super fun, but pumpkins have so much more to offer! These delicious fruits are stock full of fiber, supporting your magnificent digestive system. They’re rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, including manganese, copper, potassium, and vitamins A, C, B6, E and K. Basically, a beautiful, nutritionally dense squash that deserves a spot on your plate. (source)
First impressions should be sweet, so we’re starting with dessert. Trust me, I’m full of good ideas 😉
Pumpkin Apple Crumble
Pumpkin Apple Crumble
- 2 Cups of Baked Sugar Pumpkin (Also Known as Pie Pumpkins)
- 2 Large Golden Delicious Apples (Red Delicious and Honeycrisp Work As Well)
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- 2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 Cups of Rolled, Gluten Free Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- Wash the pumpkin, cut around the stem, slice the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds (save those for future treats!)
- Lay your pumpkin slices face down on a baking sheet greased with coconut oil
- Place it in the oven for approximately 20 minutes, depending on the size of your pumpkin. You’ll know it’s ready when you can easily pierce through it with a fork
- Once the pumpkin is ready, remove the skin and chop the flesh into cubes. I made them about an inch in size
- Keep the oven ready at 350°F
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, buckwheat flour and 1 tsp cinnamon and mix well
- Add the coconut oil and 3/4 cups of maple syrup (save the remaining 1/4 cup for later)
- Mix together until you have a crumbly blend
- Set the crumble aside
- Core and cube the apples
- In a separate, medium sized bowl mix the apples, pumpkin and 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Add the cinnamon and lemon juice and mix well, until the fruits are well covered in syrup, lemon juice and spice
- Grease a large baking sheet with coconut oil
- Transfer the pumpkin, apple mix to the baking sheet and sprinkle the crumble on top
- Make sure it’s well mixed, so that you have a marvelous crumble to apple/pumpkin ratio
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the top looks crispy
- Serve as is, with coconut whipped cream or homemade whipped cream (I used 1 Cup of Silk whipping cream with 3 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp of icing sugar and 1 tbsp of maple syrup. Whip until stiff peaks form)
Keep your pumpkin apple crumble and caramel refrigerated between eatings! I don’t imagine it will last very long.
Enjoy the goodness that pumpkin has to offer in this delicious twist on an old favourite.
Have you tried adding pumpkin to your plate before? Are you excited to try it in a crumble? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.
Health and love and sugar pumpkins,
Thought of the day: I am open to new directions and excited to discover new meanings in old delights.
HOW TO SUPPORT MSHEALTHESTEEM.COM
Ms. Health-Esteem wouldn’t be possible without you! I’m so grateful that you make it possible for me to share free weekly self-love, wellness and healthy lifestyle inspiration. Thank you!
A special thank you to Capital One Shopping for sponsoring this post. Get the best coupon code, the best price, and alerts when items you viewed go on sale at capitaloneshopping.com
If “How To Make A Marvelous Pumpkin Apple Crumble” was your first Ms. Health-Esteem article, thank you tons for reading it and welcome to the Health-Esteem family <3
Here’s how you can provide a little extra support:
Subscribe for freebies, extra inspiration, and much more!
Treat yourself to a $2.50 copy of Smoothie Love – How to Drink Your Fruits and Veggie and Love It. This 37 page recipe e-book PDF features 15 delicious recipes, a shopping list, beautiful photos, super simple instructions and tons of love.
Looking to promote something that aligns with Ms. Health-Esteem’s health-philosophies? Let’s talk about it (options for bloggers and businesses alike)