What’s your self love prescription? What do you do to take the best possible care of yourself, to comfort yourself, to create and maintain a loving relationship with the incredible being that you are? It doesn’t have to be complicated – there are so many ways to ensure that self love is second nature.
Unfortunately, dedicating time and creating rituals that truly nurture our souls isn’t always easy. Think about it – we are taught not to put ourselves first; being selfish is looked down upon and the idea of falling wholeheartedly in love with yourself is bizarre. But it shouldn’t be. We are all so dedicated to our jobs, our studies, our spouses, our friends, and our families… and while it is wonderful to be as present as we can be for others we need to learn to be just as present for ourselves. When we don’t make ourselves a priority and continue to push and give of ourselves without rest we wind up exhausted, unhappy and unwell.
I vote that we make taking the time to nurture and care for ourselves so incredibly normal that it’s second nature! You are worthy of your love and should be at the top of your priority list. So why not create a daily self love prescription that you can, well, fall in love with?
Need help getting started? Here are 20 Acts of Self Love to incorporate into your routine:
- Nourish your body with gentle, healthy, whole foods.
- Keep a gratitude journal and count all of your blessings.
- Find comfort in solitude – meditate, go for a walk and greet the sunshine, connect with yourself and set a tone of self-love.
- Get lost in a fantastical book (my idea of heaven).
- Use positive affirmations to create an uplifting mindset and relationship with your mind and body.
- Exercise – Choose something that you enjoy, like yoga, rebounding or some time on your exercise bike. Whatever gets you moving and makes you happy. Get your blood flowing and support your lovely lymphatic system.
- Make time to stretch in the morning. Feel the relief in your muscles as you move many of them for the first time in hours.
- Dry brush and appreciate your entire, beautiful body.
- Fall in love with Oil pulling.
- Treat yourself to a Natural Face Mask.
- Hydrate with some Lemon Water.
- Listen to some of your favourite music and boogie it up.
- If you have any fur children, spend time with them. Pets help heal and calm our bodies and make us feel instantly happier.
- Do something that makes you laugh.
- Pop some essential oils in your diffuser and breathe in the goodness.
- Soak in the tub or enjoy a warm shower – Bees wax candles optional, but definitely recommended!
- Make enough time in the morning so you don’t have to rush. Rushing can set a stressful tone to the day. During the work week, prep what you can the night before.
- Moisturize – take the time to appreciate your fantastic skin.
- Nap, it will help you feel more relaxed and alert and boost your mood.
- Spend some time with the people you love.
Self-love is simple and once you start nurturing your beautiful mind, body and soul on the regular you’ll wonder why you didn’t make this a priority sooner!
Why not add to my list! What practises would you add to your self-love prescription?
Here’s to loving yourself unapologetically and wholeheartedly. You deserve it.
Health and love,
Thought of the day: It’s not strange to love myself with all my heart.
Your Health-Esteem Journey Starts Here with a Free Self-Care Planner!
Plus, I’ll send you weekly inspiration and support to help you create your ultimate healthy lifestyle.